IONM consists of both a technical and professional component. The monitoring is performed by a certified or board-eligible neurophysiologist participating in the operating room and is overseen remotely in real-time by a neurologist. Together, these components combine to provide patient safety and positive outcomes.
At Assure, we combine advanced neuromonitoring technology with highly-trained, board-certified neurophysiologists committed to meeting the specific needs of every surgeon we work with and helping them deliver positive outcomes for their patients. This fact sheet will help you understand more of the full process and provide additional details.
What You’ll Learn:
- What Intraoperative Neuromonitoring is.
- How IONM works.
- What the process entails.
- Why IONM is so important during surgical procedures.
- What the billing process looks like.
- And ultimately, why surgeons use IONM.