POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Surgical Coordinator and according to established policies and procedures, handles scheduling for Assure Neuromonitoring.
- Maintains the scheduling e-mail inbox
- Enters all surgical cases into USMON
- Answers telephone calls and common questions about surgical times
- Assists customers with documentation and sign-in
- Files insurance paperwork
- Performs basic bookkeeping duties
- Confirms surgical cases with facilities
- Communicates add-on cases to regional managers
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of scheduling surgical procedures
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and system
- Knowledge of medical practices, terminology, and reimbursement policies
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and accounting functions to maintain records and logs
- Knowledge of insurance paperwork
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with patients, colleagues, and other healthcare professionals
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Evidence of strong computer skills
- Skill in exercising initiative, solving problems, and making decisions
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
Communication Ability: Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and patients.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Equipment includes, but is not limited to the following: computers, servers, copy machines, fax machines, printers, and telephones.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Job Type: Full-time